tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Michael <asmich...@comcast.net>
Subject JDBCRealm new user automatic authentication
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 18:43:08 GMT
Greetings!

I am using form-based authentication for my app and all seem to work
well with the basic login of the system.  However, when a new user
registers for an account, it appears I am required to send the user back
to the login form, thus forcing a user to enter information twice, one
in the registration form and one in the login form.  I would ultimately
like to hook into the JDBCRealm and call the authenticate(userName,pwd)
method myself, but understand the danger if that method were available
to the servlet.  In the interim, I would at least like to find some
secure method (w/o sending username/pwd back to browser) to be used as a
workaround to avoid the duplication of information.

I have searched through the archives and it seems the last time this
question was asked was in April 2004.  I didn't know if there has been
any updates to the JDBCRealm since that point or whether anyone had a
better suggestion for an already configured user manager.  My data is
stored in a MySQL database and any solution would require authentication
by verifying information in the database.

I appreciate any info you can provide.

Thanks!!
Alex Michael

p.s. - I am using Tomcat 5.5.17