tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Echerer <m...@tngtech.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat on a Memory Stick
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 14:27:26 GMT
Dirk Moolman wrote:
> A quick question about CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME - I do not have both
> set in my profile on my server.  I only set the JAVA_HOME - will this
> cause a problem for me in future ?
No... catalina.bat or .sh (at least TC 5.x+) can guess CATALINA_HOME by
simply checking what directory Tomcat got started in. (Cannot remember,
if Tomcat 4.x did this, but I cannot remember that I ever had to set
CATALINA_HOME)

JAVA_HOME is required, however you can edit catalina.sh and "hardwire"
things, in case you don't want to rely on the environment variable to be
properly set.

Cheers,
Michael

of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd. The information is confidential and legally privileged and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised and as such
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on it is
unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately if it has inadvertently reached you and do
not read, disclose or use the content in any way.

> No responsibility whatsoever is accepted by DigiCare (Pty) Ltd if the information is,
for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. The views expressed
in this e-mail  are the views of the individual sender and should in no way be construed as
the views of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd, except where the sender has specifically stated them to be
the views of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd.