tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: JSSE13SocketFactory in a 1.5 JVM and SUN-SPECIFIC classes
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 13:25:38 GMT
Thanks for the quick response!

I think I've discovered some more problems while looking into this class
and references to it.

JSSEImplementation contains code to select the correct factory based
upon the JVM version.  However, it appears that there is a typo in the
class name.

IIUC, this code in JSSEImplementation:

     static final String JSSE13Factory =
         "org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE13Support";

should be:

     static final String JSSE13Factory =
         "org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE13Factory";

since there is no JSSE13Support class.

The code is unchanged in 5.5.17.

Rather than correct this one line of code, I think it would make sense
to completely remove the JSSE13* classes.  This resolves the problems
that I'm having with building on a non-Sun JDK.  It would also seem that
nobody is using this support since the problem has not been reported.
Does Tomcat 5.5.17 still support running on a 1.3 JVM?

Should I create a bug report for this problem and do you think it would
be feasible to remove the broken 1.3 support?

Thanks,
Joe

Mark Thomas wrote:
> Joe Bohn wrote:
>
>>Have other folks built Tomcat using JDKs other than Sun's?  How do you
>>work around problems like this?
>

> Deleting the class any any reference seems like the way to go to me.
>
> Mark

Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot