tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: javamail for numerous mail servers on tomcat
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 13:16:03 GMT
Dynamically-defined mail servers work fine in Tomcat; I'd be in deep
kimshe if they didn't.  Here are some excerpts from the code I use:

                  Properties props = new Properties();
                  props.put( "mail.smtp.host", <however you get the
server name> );
                  Session mailSession =
Session.getDefaultInstance(props, null);
                  msg= new MimeMessage(mailSession);
                  msg.setRecipients(Message.RecipientType.TO,
internetAddresses);
                  fromAddress = new InternetAddress( <however you get
the FROM address> );
                  msg.setFrom( fromAddress );
                          msg.setSubject( <the subject line> );

                          msg.setText( <the message body content> );
                           Transport.send(msg);