tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grogan <mgro...@keizensoftware.com>
Subject Re: deploying myapp.war as "/" - confused
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 07:30:34 GMT
Hello,
I'm not sure if I understand your question, but for finding files that
are relative to the current context, I use
    ServletConfig config
    config.getServletContext().getRealPath(your_file_here)
Maybe that's not the correct way to be doing things??? But it works for me.
Martin

Nikita Tovstoles wrote:

>  Thanks - that was simpler than I thought. Follow up bonus question:
> what's the new "current directory" of ServletContext? Here's what I mean:
>
> I had the following code in servlet context listener inside myapp.war
> getting properties from a .properties file *outside* the .war:
>
> ServletContext.getResourceAsStream("../myapp.properties");
>
> This used to be my directory structure:
>
> $catalina.base/
>                webapps/myapp.war
>                webapps/myapp
>                webapps/myapp.properties
>
> Now that I'm deploying ROOT.war instead of myapp.war, the above line
> can't find myapp.properties. Here's the current dir structure:
>
> $catalina.base/
>                webapps/ROOT.war
>                webapps/ROOT
>                webapps/myapp.properties
>
> So, when I was deploying myapp.war, ServletContext's "current dir" was
> webapps/myapp. What's the new "current directory" of ServletContext
> for ROOT application?
>
> thanks
> -nikita
>
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>
>> Nikita Tovstoles wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have myapp.war that I'd like to deploy by copying myapp.war to
>>> catalina.base/webapps; but I would like to bind the app to context "/".
>>

>> Rename it to ROOT.war
>>
>> Mark

Martin Grogan
Keizen Software