tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 01:06:23 GMT
Asensio, Rodrigo wrote:
> Hello, I have a production server tomcat 5.5 java 1.5_06
> I have set memory min and max as 2048m and thorows this error
>
> [javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
>
> =) obviosly my server has 4 GB of memory
>

> It work with 1600m , 1024m, etc, but no more than 2000m
>
> Any clue ??
Windows OS?

Windows process are limited to 4GB per process on 32-bit systems but 2GB
is reserved for the kernel so each process really only has 2GB to play with.

You can increase this to 3GB per process using the /3GB switch in
boot.ini but there are side-effects you might not like. Google for details.

Mark