tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Adamovic <>
Subject Virtual Host and classpath related problem on deployment
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 20:53:59 GMT
My application runs fine on my local server (Tomcat bundled with
NetBeans 5.0).

But, I have problem with the virtual host on deployment computer.
Lets say I have ./webapps/mysite
and beneath it I have more directories with JSP's  like

In my server.xml I have something like :
      <Host name="" debug="0" appBase="webapps/mysite"
      unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="true">
              <Context path="" docBase="."/>

Everything works fine when trying to access, but
when I try to access

I've got classpath related problem :

An error occurred at line: 14 in the jsp file: /index.jsp
Generated servlet error: MyCommonClass cannot be resolved

So the problem is that JSPs in* don't look at the
shared classes in the same directory as

How I can solve this problem? I tried to add some more <Context> under
my host, but it don't work.

Mladen Adamovic