tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Miles <darryl-mailingli...@netbauds.net>
Subject Re: 2.4 servlet spec compliance (getContextPath)
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 05:50:37 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rogers@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Pretty much all of them have been discussed at length on dev@tomcat and/or
> BZ.  The archives are your friend :).
>
>> Is there information on any other areas of the spec that Tomcat has chosen
>> not to implement or conform to? Granted, the spec is not always clear and
>> there's room for interpretation, but it would be nice to know in advance
>> where one might see divergence in containers. Thanks for any info.

As a result of your report it prompted me to suggest that such a
resource exist, check out the developers list for my mails on the subject.

> Off the top of my head:
> 1)  Extension-mapped welcome-pages -- Tomcat requires a physical resource to
> be present to use it.
> 2)  Flush after a forward -- The following doesn't work as expected:
>     try {
>         rd.forward(request, response);
>     } finally {
>        doSomeLongAndComplexDbUpdate(request, response);
>     }
> 3)  Tomcat catches most cases, but doesn't strictly enforce that the
> Request/Response passed to an include/forward *must* be either the original
> Request/Response, or a Request/ResponseWrapper that wraps the orignal
> Request/Response.

I'm happy to collate all these issues from developers and users alike
feel free the email me privately to allow me to draft out some reference
documentation for each issue individually.

Darryl