tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Singleton <p...@jbgb.com>
Subject Re: Multiple browser windows sharing the same session - dirty hack solution
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 17:01:34 GMT
Peter Hubbard wrote:
> I've not found any other ways around this problem, or solutions of how
> to allow individual browser windows and tabs to have individual session
> data.

One (the only?) sure way to allow multiple sessions to coexist in
a browser or PC is to spurn cookies and use only URL rewriting.

First you need to ensure that your servlet/JSP app uses

   response.encodeURL()

wherever it returns a URL referring to one of its own pages, e.g.

Then use the

   <Context cookies="false" ...>

attribute to stop session cookies being sent.

This has pros and cons but that's another topic...

Paul Singleton