tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martyn Hiemstra <mar...@hi-ss.nl>
Subject Re: Help!Tomcat crashes:Waiting for instance(s) to be deallocated
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 08:26:11 GMT
Hi Starki78

I had this problem when using a singelton class that stored a datasource
in it. Everytime I pressed F5 really fast the web server would hang and
when I shutdown I got that same message. Apparently when pressing F5
very fast instead of the singelton only using 1 datasource (The one in
the singelton) it loaded 5 datasources and then the connection pool was
full. Since the pool timeouts where set to 5 minutes the server would
appear to hang when in actual fact my code was waiting for an available
datasource.

I also get this when debugging my tomcat server using eclipse. If I'm
debugging and one of the server threads is still debugging and I
shutdown the server I get this message as well.

I'm guessing that somewhere alot of threads are waiting to finish. The
fact that you have 536 instances to be deallocated could mean you have a
serious flaw in your code.

Martyn