tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Guy McArthur <guy...@gmail.com>
Subject logging question
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 17:09:43 GMT
Hello, somehow the 3rd party jar's in my web app are changing the log
level and I need to find out how to override. Specifically my problem is
that the log methods of Servlet send their output into the ether. The
dependencies include commons-logging and log4j (themselves dependencies
of either jfreechart or displaytag), neither of which I am familiar with.

I did try creating a logging.properties in my application (attached),
which at least created a file in ${catalina.base}/logs, but never wrote
anything to it.

Does anyone know what I might need to change?

There are warnings in catalina.out:

(on startup)
(org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig).

(on reload)
(org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).

But if they are only warnings, would they cut off all logging from the
application?

Please help, thanks.
--
Guy