tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Wachter <Stefan.Wach...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JAVA_HOME / JRE_HOME still necessary?
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 12:19:25 GMT
Hi Tim (et al.),

ok, I understand the necessity for using different JDKs. I thought that
adjusting the JAVA_HOME environment variable for certain situations
might be the same effort as adjusting the PATH environment variable.

Maybe an option would be to use the JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME variables if they
are present and to rely on the path if they are absent?

What about tools.jar? Is it needed?

Grettings,
--Stefan

PS: I have to write a setup for an application that uses Tomcat. Tomcat
is running for end users on their local machines and not on an
administrated server. I think the average end user should not be forced
to set an environment variable.