tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Médérick Thebault <m.theba...@brittany-ferries.fr>
Subject Re: File deletion problem
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 10:13:15 GMT
Be sure in our webapp, that no reference of this file exists/is still
valid. I use to set to null every object which used this file (logger
for eg) and that my webapp want to delete.

HTH

vnug@cox.net a écrit :
> Setup:
>   Tomcat - 5.0.28
>    Java    - 1.4.2
>    OS       - Windows XP
>
> Problem:
>
>   Within my webapp there is a need to delete a file. When I try to delete the file sometimes
it gives the message "the file can not be deleted beacuse it is being used by another user
or process". The only way to get out of this situation is - stop tomcat, delete file, and
start tomcat. We do not see this message always - it seems pretty random. We tried to isolate
it, but unsuccessful. Any thoughts/comments?