tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: stylesheets giving 404 after a long response time
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 18:31:52 GMT
A 20 minute response time?  Before I worried about why the stylesheet
gets a 404, I'd solve that :)  Trying to hold an HTTP connection open
that long is a recipe for all sorts of problem (proxy timeouts, browser
timeouts, etc).

Is Tomcat serving the stylesheet, i.e., no web server in front of it?
I'm wondering if session timeout isn't playing role somehow (not sure
how it would, but with a request time that long, not very much would
surprise me).

Frank

Vivek Mohan wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> I've an application running on tomcat 4.1. In one particular request,
> I could find that the server response takes a long time, say around 20
> minutes, and when the page comes back all the stylesheets and header
> jsps are missing from the page. If I check my access logs, I see a 404
> response for all the inclusions into the main jsp.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue, or how to go about
> investigating it?
>
> --
> Vivek.

Frank W. Zammetti