tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Gurgone <fabio.gurg...@nextre.it>
Subject Re: Tomcat config with APACHE and mutliple VHOST
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 15:34:13 GMT
Pascal,

"normally", in your kind of configuration, tomcat connector listen on
all your IPs.
When the *.jsp request arrives (main points):
- Apache checks if it's managing this vhost (VirtualHost)
- JkMount says (this is tomcat stuff)
- mod_jk speaks with Tomcat (connector)
- Catalina checks if it's managing this vhost (Host)
- Catalina serves the page to Apache
- Apache return the page to the client

One communication link between Apache and Tomcat should be enough (I'm
using this conf on some servers).

bye,
Fabio