tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hugh Morgan <hughb...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie: Deploying .war file, getting it working with MySQL
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 10:49:23 GMT
I am tring to get an web site that I have developed with Java Studio
Creator working on a VPS.  I cannot get tomcat to comunicate with the
MySQL database.  I have got a minimal web site working, and I have added
a simple dtabase query to it and I get the error at [1] (for full error
see http://205.234.144.63:8080/minimal/).  I have got a simple java app.
working with MySQL.

What I have done;

Put the minimal.war file in /usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps.
Put in a Context tag in server.xml file relating to the .war file [2].
This is expanded by tomcat.
Put in a Realm tag relating to the jdbc driver [3].
Put the tag libarys in the correct place.

You can see my .war file at
http://www.geocities.com/hughmorgan72/minimal.zip.  It requires a
database called smsserver, with a table called unit, with a column
called name.

Versions;
Apache Tomcat/5.5.9
Java Studio Creator 2004Q2 Version 9
Linux server.imecserver1.com 2.4.20-021stab028.24.777-enterprise #1 SMP
Fri Jan 6 19:39:27 MSK 2006 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Any suggestions?  Thanks very much, my boss is breathing down my neck.

[1]
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
javax.faces.FacesException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

[2]
         <Context path="/minimal" docBase="minimal" debug="0"
                 reloadable="false" crossContext="true">
         </Context>

[3]
       <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
              driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
           connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority"
          connectionName="root" connectionPassword="ROOT_PASSWORD"
               userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
           userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />