tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Gurgone <fabio.gurg...@nextre.it>
Subject Re: Tomcat config with APACHE and mutliple VHOST
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 07:47:44 GMT
Hi Pascal, hi All,

I'm very interested on this topic too.

I'm using Apache with vhosts + mod_jk + 1 tomcat with vhosts.
You have to configure the same vhosts in apache and tomcat (look <Host>
tomcat conf docs).

I this should be possible to configure multiple tomcat instances (not in
LB) too (one for each vhost).

But, at the moment, I'm not satisfy about these solutions because:
- the first it' very hard to manage because anytime you add a vhost you
have to restart tomcat (an this procude a disservice)....and often I
have 1 vhost => 1 web app

- with the second solution you will have decouple domains but too many
instances (and resources)

I admit I'm not completely up to date with the last tomcat releses.

Have someone other ideas ?

thanks,
Fabio