tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Bydalek <>
Subject mod_jk Submounts
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 15:55:55 GMT
Good Morning,

I have an interesting problem that's I'm trying to solve using mod_jk,
but not having any luck.

Basically we have 3 webapps where one is the primary one and two are
supporting.  The problem is, I have application A mounted to the root
level of the domain, so it can be pulled up via.
But, if I use mod_jk to try and mount application B or C to or, a 404 is
thrown when trying to browse to appB or appC.

The part that I think I did wrong was the way I mounted appA to the root
level of the domain.  I did this by adding the following in the Tomcat

      <Host name="">
        <Context path="" docBase="/opt/tomcat5/webapps/webappA" debug="0"/>

In the domain's vhost file, I have the following JkMount entries:
    JkMount /appB ajp13
    JkMount /appB/* ajp13

    JkMount /appC ajp13
    JkMount /appC/* ajp13

    JkMount / ajp13
    JkMount /* ajp13

I can understand why it's doing what it's doing, especially with Tomcat
handling the virtual hosting as well.  The problem is, I having a real
hard time finding anything to point me in the right direction to resolve
this (or even find out if it's possible).

A long time ago I could swear I found a way to mount a webapp to the
root domain with mod_jk without modifying Tomcat's server.xml, but of
course, I can't find it again.

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.17 with Apache 2.0.55.

I appreciate any help in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message