tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: How to access WebService implementation from Context?
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 11:08:01 GMT
If you mean WebService ala SOAP - you are probably out of luck without a lot
of work.

If you mean webservice as a webpage which does stuff that is intended to be
called by an application - there might be hope.

If the ENTIRE webapp is considered the webservice, you can run the Valve at
the Context level and the valve will run for all requests.

Otherwise you'll need to inspect the request to see if it will be mapped to
your webservice. Of course with SOAP - you may need to inspect some of the
POST content to determine this - so you'd have to get the content of post
data in a non-destructive manner.

-Tim