tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hadraba Petr" <hadra...@bluetone.cz>
Subject Re: File deletion problem
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 10:12:57 GMT
Hi vasu!

What files do you want to delete? The files your application is using?

If yes, maybe you forgot call f.close()... Maybe... My idea...

PETR

On 5/10/06, vnug@cox.net <vnug@cox.net> wrote:

> Setup:
>   Tomcat - 5.0.28
>    Java    - 1.4.2
>    OS       - Windows XP
>
> Problem:
>
>   Within my webapp there is a need to delete a file. When I try to delete the file sometimes
it gives the message "the file can not be deleted beacuse it is being used by another user
or process". The only way to get out of this situation is - stop tomcat, delete file, and
start tomcat. We do not see this message always - it seems pretty random. We tried to isolate
it, but unsuccessful. Any thoughts/comments?