tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dirk Moolman" <Di...@digicare.co.za>
Subject RE: tomcat doesn't deliver page on first call
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 14:23:04 GMT
This isn't perhaps a network issue ?  I had some issues just this
morning where we made a DNS change on the network, which caused my app
to be unstable.

> Abid Hussain wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> After restarting Tomcat (5.0.28), it doesn't deliver the requested
>> jsp-page on the first calls.
>>
>> I have to hit about 5-8 times the reload-button until tomcat delivers
the
>> requested page (e.g. index.jsp).
>> Also this problem sometimes turns up when calling servlets for the
first
>> time after restart, even when tomcat is running already for about 10
>> minutes.
>>
>> Is this a normal behavior? Is there anything to do in the
configuration
>> files (server.xml, etc.) about this?
>>
>> Maybe this Problem is because the machine where tomcat is running on
(1
>> GHZ CPU, 512MB RAM) is not powerful enough?
>>
>> Has anyone an idea about this?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Abid

The information on this e-mail including any attachments relates to the official business
of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd. The information is confidential and legally privileged and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised and as such
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on it is
unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately if it has inadvertently reached you and do
not read, disclose or use the content in any way.

No responsibility whatsoever is accepted by DigiCare (Pty) Ltd if the information is, for
whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. The views expressed
in this e-mail  are the views of the individual sender and should in no way be construed as
the views of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd, except where the sender has specifically stated them to be
the views of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd.