tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dirk Moolman" <Di...@digicare.co.za>
Subject Tomcat (Base?) directory
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 08:52:15 GMT
Hi, I am sorry for posting such simple questions to the list, but I am
really pushed for time (new servers have to go live), and I have not
worked with Tomcat before.

I have successfully installed Tomcat, and someone helped me to confirm
that it was working by using CATALINA_BASE=/src/www/tomcat/demoserver.

I copied everything in this directory to a new tomcat filesystem I
created, where my applications will be loaded, and restarted Tomcat from
the new filesystem.

When I connect to tomcat  http://servername:8080, I now get a blank
page, where previously on the demoserver I was able to open a Tomcat
welcome page.

I assume from this that I cannot just move the demoserver directory
structure, but have to also change some config files if I want to do
this - is this correct ?

Dirk Moolman
Database and Unix Administrator
Digicare Technologies (HealthCorp)

The information on this e-mail including any attachments relates to the official business
of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd. The information is confidential and legally privileged and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised and as such
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on it is
unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately if it has inadvertently reached you and do
not read, disclose or use the content in any way.

No responsibility whatsoever is accepted by DigiCare (Pty) Ltd if the information is, for
whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. The views expressed
in this e-mail  are the views of the individual sender and should in no way be construed as
the views of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd, except where the sender has specifically stated them to be
the views of DigiCare (Pty) Ltd.