tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asensio, Rodrigo" <>
Subject RE: [javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 13:26:14 GMT
Your right, thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas []
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:06 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed

Asensio, Rodrigo wrote:
> Hello, I have a production server tomcat 5.5 java 1.5_06 I have set
> memory min and max as 2048m and thorows this error
> [javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
> =) obviosly my server has 4 GB of memory
> It work with 1600m , 1024m, etc, but no more than 2000m
> Any clue ??
Windows OS?

Windows process are limited to 4GB per process on 32-bit systems but 2GB
is reserved for the kernel so each process really only has 2GB to play

You can increase this to 3GB per process using the /3GB switch in
boot.ini but there are side-effects you might not like. Google for

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: