tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ajit Narayanan" <aj...@techmahindra.com>
Subject RE: FW: tomcat hangs with error msg-"All Threads are Busy....."
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 08:26:20 GMT

Thanx for ur interest Dav.I am fairly new to java and tomcat programming so
I am bit low on debugging these.

Yes,I do have some of the data from the dumps, I don't know whether these
will be of any help or not but this what I have.This happened on live about
7 months ago and it has been reopened on cux demand ,a workaround has been
patched where in the socket gets realesed after some 90- secs.The following
dump has been taken before this workaround:

"Thread-540" daemon prio=5 tid=0x0048b9e0 nid=0x33a runnable
[ee47f000..ee4819a8]
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:7
77)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer$InputStreamInputBuffer.doRead(I
nternalInputBuffer.java:807)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.IdentityInputFilter.doRead(IdentityInputFil
ter.java:158)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.doRead(InternalInputBuffer.java
:742)
	at org.apache.coyote.Request.doRead(Request.java:431)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteInputStream.readBytes(CoyoteInputStream.java
:199)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteInputStream.read(CoyoteInputStream.java:156)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequest.readPostBody(CoyoteRequest.java:1983
)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequest.parseRequestParameters(CoyoteRequest
.java:1965)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequest.getParameter(CoyoteRequest.java:911)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequestFacade.getParameter(CoyoteRequestFaca
de.java:178)
	at
au.com.AdmTech.incontrol.secureproxy.SecureProxy.doGet(SecureProxy.java:298)
	- locked <0xf227ea88> (a
au.com.alcatel.incontrol.secureproxy.SecureProxy)
	at
au.com.AdMtech.incontrol.secureproxy.SecureProxy.doPost(SecureProxy.java:435
)

And there are 71 threads waiting to lock <0xf227ea88>:

"- waiting to lock <0xf227ea88>

Apart from what you suggested can this be a problem of compatibility between
tomcat-JDK and the POSIX lib of solaris?
Or can it be that the gc is not able to execute as generally the load on
this proxy is very high leading to such a problem.

Thanks and regards,
Ajit.