tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-u...@schoenhaber.de>
Subject Re: Native Connector Question
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 15:22:16 GMT
Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> What do I have to do to configure Tomcat to use the native connector on
> Unix?  I've tried adding

Where?

> -Djava.library.path=<path_to_ssl_apr_native_libraries>, but it isn't
> doing wrong on Unix.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Creating a file named "setenv.sh" in Tomcat's bin folder that contains either
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path to native lib>
or
CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.library.path=<path to native lib>"
works fine for me.

To make sure the source of the problem isn't your self-compiled native lib (if
you use one) you could download and try a pre-compiled one:
http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/

Regards
  mks