tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vivek Mohan" <vivek.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stylesheets giving 404 after a long response time
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 18:46:20 GMT
Yes, its Tomcat which is serving the resources. And I've made the
timeouts to be infinity for my application so I don't think timeouts
would be occurring. But in any case how does a timeout affect the
fishing out of stylesheets?

--
Vivek.

> A 20 minute response time?  Before I worried about why the stylesheet
> gets a 404, I'd solve that :)  Trying to hold an HTTP connection open
> that long is a recipe for all sorts of problem (proxy timeouts, browser
> timeouts, etc).
>
> Is Tomcat serving the stylesheet, i.e., no web server in front of it?
> I'm wondering if session timeout isn't playing role somehow (not sure
> how it would, but with a request time that long, not very much would
> surprise me).
>
> Frank
>
> Vivek Mohan wrote:
> > Hi People,
> >
> > I've an application running on tomcat 4.1. In one particular request,
> > I could find that the server response takes a long time, say around 20
> > minutes, and when the page comes back all the stylesheets and header
> > jsps are missing from the page. If I check my access logs, I see a 404
> > response for all the inclusions into the main jsp.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue, or how to go about
> > investigating it?
> >
> > --
> > Vivek.

> --
> Frank W. Zammetti
> Founder and Chief Software Architect
> Omnytex Technologies
> http://www.omnytex.com
> AIM: fzammetti
> Yahoo: fzammetti
> MSN: fzammetti@hotmail.com
> Java Web Parts -
> http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net
> Supplying the wheel, so you don't have to reinvent it!

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit
going to those places.