tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pascal" <pas...@carat-hosting.com>
Subject Tomcat config with APACHE and mutliple VHOST
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 01:03:06 GMT
Hello,

I not really found revelant info on internet about this.

Here is what we plan to do.

We have currently APACHE and mutli^ple vhost on few shared IP. We'd like to allow to some
or all vhost to use jsp/servlet. So we will install TOMCAT and mod_JK

Here is our config snapshot
apache in /etc/httpd/
vhost conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/
public_html (or docuemntroot in every vhost) are in /home/user_account/domain_name/html

So our question is :
What would be the best configrution to allow all users or some users to have jsp file in their
html directory ?
What is the best way, 1 apache instance and multiple Tomcat instances or manage everything
with vhost ?

If you could give us a web pointer or some snip config exemple of server.xml, web.xml, vhost-conf
files, worker.properties we will really apreciate it
Also were should we add the context ? and where have to be all files (like WEB-INF, etc...)
?

Thanks a ton for your help, HowTo

Pascal