tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat config with APACHE and mutliple VHOST
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 01:09:17 GMT
Any reason you need Apache? You can do the Vhost with Tomcat alone. Just an
option.

Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pascal" <pascal@carat-hosting.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 9:03 PM
Subject: Tomcat config with APACHE and mutliple VHOST

Hello,

I not really found revelant info on internet about this.

Here is what we plan to do.

We have currently APACHE and mutli^ple vhost on few shared IP. We'd like to
allow to some or all vhost to use jsp/servlet. So we will install TOMCAT and
mod_JK

Here is our config snapshot
apache in /etc/httpd/
vhost conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/
public_html (or docuemntroot in every vhost) are in
/home/user_account/domain_name/html

So our question is :
What would be the best configrution to allow all users or some users to have
jsp file in their html directory ?
What is the best way, 1 apache instance and multiple Tomcat instances or
manage everything with vhost ?

If you could give us a web pointer or some snip config exemple of
server.xml, web.xml, vhost-conf files, worker.properties we will really
apreciate it
Also were should we add the context ? and where have to be all files (like
WEB-INF, etc...) ?

Thanks a ton for your help, HowTo

Pascal