tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Lucia" <timlu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Standalone: Traffic Reporting?
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 23:40:55 GMT
The tomcat manager itself provides some information.  I've even got scripts
working with MRTG that make use of it (it being available at
http://localhost:8080/manager/status?XML=true.)  I will send them to you if
you are interested.

Note that this is connector-level information, not application-specific.

You can also easily accomplish this with filters.  I have some of those that
do similar stuff as well.  This really only works if you can modify the
applications to include the filter(s).

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Lamborne [mailto:pete@maniatv.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:12 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat Standalone: Traffic Reporting?

Hi, I am running several websites/webapps on a single Tomcat instance
and can't find a product that would generate traffic reporting.  I am
open to any sort of method for achieving this -- ie some sort of monitor
filter that runs as a seperate webapp, or something that looks at
network traffic from the OS.  The former would be far more desireable
due to local encapsulation.

Any ideas?

Thanks!