tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Lucia" <timlu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: clusters and admin app
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 20:19:59 GMT
Here's the original post I made with the 'bug' while expanding:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200604.mbox/%3C00b501c
6599b$cc8db600$3a0119ac@tim%3E

This problem is no longer present, but neither is the webapp ;-)

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Lucia [mailto:timlucia@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:04 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: clusters and admin app

All,

I have a question concerning the admin app in a cluster environment.  If I
deploy a war file manually across multiple servers, and then look at the
admin, I see:

+ Tomcat Server
  + Service (Catalina)
    + Host (localhost)
      + Context (/mywebapp)

However, if I deploy using the farm deployer, I do not see my application
under the Host node.  I'm fairly certain I have previously seen an exception
while expanding this node [Context (/mywebapp)], and I am going back to try
and reproduce it in order to report it.  However, it seems not to cause an
exception any more.  Rather, the application simply does not appear.

This is on RHEL V.4, Tomcat 5.5.12, in a three-way cluster.  Same
environment (QA) without farm deployment shows the app just fine.

Anyone else have this problem?  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Tim