tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Lucia" <>
Subject RE: Application Configuration
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 10:51:00 GMT
Suggested practice is to put any property files, XML files, resource(s) of
any kind beneath WEB-INF/classes (or WEB-INF/lib, if a jar).  Then you can
load them using one of the mechanisms here:

Once you have an InputStream pointing to the desired resource, you may read
it using your favorite mechanism (Digester, DOM parser, your own parse,
java.util.Properties, etc.)

Following these two bits of information will allow your app to work in .war
format, or exploded war (directory) format.

From: Asaf Lahav []
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 5:30 AM
Subject: Application Configuration

Hi all,

I'm building a web services application that requires configuration xml

Is there a location where I should put the xml configuration files?

Is there a best practice saying where to put configuration files?

If there is, how am I expected to get the configuration info from there?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf Lahav

VP R&D, Prima Grid LTD.

Cellular:  972-54-4717955