tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pascal" <pas...@carat-hosting.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat config with APACHE and mutliple VHOST
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 12:18:10 GMT
Hello all,

Thanks Fabio and Pedro.

Pedro : I ahd already readen this
http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~ryan/tech/tomcat.html , but there is smethink I
do not understand.
Ok you update your vhost to add an handler for jsp page, with jkmount, it's
fine
Ok you define all your vhost in server.xml : arfff so you have two
definitions for every vhosts, one in the vhost.conf file itself and one in
server.xml. Not very manageable but why not, and we could try to automatise
this, so it could be fine

What is a trouble for us is this
> Other file that needs editing is workers.properties First thing. Add the
> connection name to the worker.list
>		worker.list=ajp12, ajp13, connect_id
>Next add that connection to the worker
>		worker.connect_id.port=8112
>		worker.connect_id.host=virtual.domainname.com
>		worker.connect_id.type=ajp13

Ok we add a connexion name, but it means to create a workers.properties for
every vhosts ? Basicly it means we have to restart apache/tomcat every time
we add a new vhost ? also where the workers.properties should be ? in the
vhost documentroot ? in the tomcat dir ? in the WEB-INF dir of every vhosts
? I think it is this last case no ?

Also with this solution does the auto-deploy will work ?

Thanks a ton

Pascal