tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John D'Emic" <j...@bad-current.net>
Subject META-INF/context.xml and custom Manager
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 19:58:12 GMT
Hey all,

I have a custom Manager class I'm trying to use for a single webapp.  It
seems the way to do this is to have a context.xml file in the exploded
webapp's META-INF directory.  I have the following:

<Context>

        <Manager
className="net.badcurrent.ose.tomcat.manager.CustomManager"/>

</Context>

The webapp loads fine, but from looking at
http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy?qry=*:type=Manager,* I don't see the
CustomManager as the manager for my webapp.  I've tried adding the path and
docRoot to <Context> to no avail.  I'm running tomcat 5.5.17 on windows xp
sp2 with a stock server.xml and context.xml.  The jar for the custom manager
is in server/lib (I also tried it in common/lib.)  I'm at a loss what to try
next, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-john