tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Andrews" <tandr...@bemidji.k12.mn.us>
Subject Moving from Tomcat 4.1.29 to 4.1.31 on Macintosh 10.4.6
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:57:18 GMT
Greetings...

As the subject suggests, I am looking to move from Tomcat 4.1.29 to 4.1.31
on a Macintosh G5 server running OS 10.4.6.

Normally I believe that this would simply require that the 4.1.31 binary
be extracted to the Tomcat directory on the server.  The problem is that
this server is running a library database that depends upon Tomcat... so
there are files and directories in the Tomcat directory that are unique to
this install and so cannot be overwritten.

As I compare files in the 4.1.29 and 4.1.31 distributions it appears that
there are several files that are exactly the same.  So....

Which files are unique to the 4.1.31 distribution?

Would moving just those unique files effectively accomplish what I am
trying to do (move to 4.1.31)?

Suggestions are appreciated.

Tony Andrews