tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trevor Miller" <ub3rg...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with embedded server
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:46:04 GMT
Hi,

On a standard binary tomcat distribution I can deploy JSP's without
putting in any entries into the web.xml but when deployed on the
embedded server I get 404's until I add:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Then it works.

Is there a way to configure the embedded server to work like the
binary distro so that I don't have to add entries to my web xml file
for every JSP?