tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shankar Unni <shankaru...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.0 vs. 5.5? tomcat 5.5 has been bad!
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:27:54 GMT
David Grace wrote:

> Maybe the solution to the problems with bad posts can be solved by an
> email once a month that describes exactly what the accepted posting
> policy is.

Ah, but that's not enough - see, that would require that you actually
read the archives, and that's something that's apparently way beyond the
capabilities / desires of some of the users here.

Perhaps we should auto-reply to every post with a form reply asking for
more info :-).

And regarding:

 > 3) Questions so devoid of any useful information they are completely
 > unanswerable.  The "it doesn't work, please help" questions.

Would be somewhat more tolerable if the "please" appeared there. Often
it's "it doesn't work - stupid (#*$) tomcat developers - make it work -
what kind of (*%#*) is this!".

Admittedly some of them (developers) are, umm, less than tactful, but
that's basically what you get.