tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Apache Tomcat Native library not found on the java.library.path
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:39:30 GMT
I compiled and installed the Apache Tomcat connector v.1.1.2 per but I still get this
error upon startup.
"INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance
in production environments was not found on the java.library.path"
I've tried setting -Djava.library.path to the directory indicated during
"make install" (/usr/llocal/apr/lib) but no joy.
Frankly, I don't know what java is looking for. What directory should I be
pointing to? /bin/tomcat-native-1.1.2/jni/native ?
Thanks in advance,
S  e  a  n   H  a  r  r  i  s  o  n
L I - C O R  Biosciences
Lincoln, Nebraska