tomcat-users mailing list archives

From birendar.wald...@tcs.com
Subject Character behaviour Unix vs Windows ß
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:58:59 GMT

Hi
Any having idea about why  my latin  character    ß  getting converted to
'SS'  all the time however my other character are going smoothly
indatabase except above i am trying to insert into data base , I am usign
oracle 9i and ISO-8859-1 encoding
and this is happening in the unix environment and  not in my pc
environment .
Did anyone face any problem with this character  basically there is
similar character in greek to 'β'  ,

Any pointer please

Thanks

Birendar Singh Waldiya

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete
the message and any attachments.  Thank you