tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Atlas" <MAt...@basistech.com>
Subject Undeploy/deploy WAR clears out files in symlink?
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:37:40 GMT
Hello,

I currently deploy my JSP application via the ant WAR tasks to my
production server.

After it gets deployed, I have a directory that needs to be a symlink on
the server:

/opt/tomcat/webapps/myapp/userfiles/specialfiles -> /specialfiles

I make this symlink in my ant script after deploying to the production
server.

THE PROBLEM:

When I run the "undeploy" task (which hits the "manager" servlet), the
entire application
directory for myapp gets cleared - recursively. That means that all
files in the

/specialfiles/* directory get deleted as well.

The symlink should have been deleted, not everything within the
directory for what it pointed to.

MY CURRENT WORKAROUND:

Before re-deploying, I remove the symlink in my ant script, then
undeploy and deploy, then re-create the symlink.

QUESTION:

Is there a better way to do this? Can I prevent Tomcat manager
application from recursively deleting files within a symlink directory?

Thanks,

Mike