tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: is there a possibility to define the startup order for webapps?
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:12:43 GMT
> From: Vivek Mohan [mailto:vivek.mohan@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: is there a possibility to define the startup
> order for webapps?
>
> I believe that the loading of webapps is based on the order of the
> webapp folders (or war files) coming into the purview of the tomcat
> webapp loader.

Which may be partially true, but ignores those contexts defined by the
presence of files in conf/Catalina/localhost or in conf/server.xml.
Also, the order of entries in a directory is rarely alphabetical, so
most of what you say is just wishful thinking.

And, since none of this is defined in the Servlet spec, any existing
ordering is subject to change at any time.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.