tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gustavo Noronha" <gustavo.noronha....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can't access database after timcat idle for several hours
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:27:54 GMT
2006/4/28, David Kerber <dckerber@verizon.net>:

> Sounds to me like your database is timing out the connection.  See if
> you can extend the timeout so it won't drop it during an overnight lull.

This seems probable, indeed. I would recommend setting up some kind of
connection checking, that would make some traffic round-trip between the
servers.

We had problems with a stateful firewall droping ESTABILISHED (!)
connections after some time of idleness.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva
Coordenação de Segurança e Sustentação