tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bloggy_t...@mac.com
Subject A docbase ... inside the host appBase has been specified
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 02:07:29 GMT
I apologize for the rookie mistake, but I can't figure out what I've
done wrong here...

I'm trying to configure a simple servlet, but when I launch tomcat
(via IDEA) I see this message in the tomcat output:

"A docBase /Volumes/misc/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/webapps/subset inside
the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored."

I haven't been able to figure out the cause of this (or really what
the error means)... perhaps an error in my web.xml (at the end of
this email).

Your help is appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>
	<servlet id="CommandServlet">
		<servlet-name>CommandServlet</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>com.(obfuscated).subset.controller.CommandServlet</
servlet-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>type1</param-name>
			<param-value>getTestCase</param-value>
		</init-param>

		<init-param>
			<param-name>impl1</param-name>
			<param-value>com.
(obfuscated).subset.controller.GetTestCaseCommandProcessor</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</servlet>
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>CommandServlet</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/CommandServlet</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>