tomcat-users mailing list archives

From SOA Work <soaw...@web.de>
Subject is there a possibility to define the startup order for webapps?
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:05:50 GMT

Hi there,

I'm currenttly using tomcat 5.x for running my webapps. Now I have the following problem:

I'm using an database system which runs as webapplication inside tomcat.
Another webapplication needs the database connection for startup.
Everytime I restart tomcat the server doesn't get up, because the second webapp ist started
before the database webapp.

Is there a way to define the startup order of the webapplications deployed on a server?
With wich system does tomcat choose the apps while startup? Could it be a possibility to rename
the folder of the webapps?

thx
Dominik