tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: multiple tomcat on one server??
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:08:37 GMT
Hi,

This question was asked (yesterday) by myself. Firstly, stop using JK2. Secondly, go read

http://www.adcworks.com/blog/index.php/2005/08/03/load-balancing-with-tomcat-55-and-jk-12/

Which explains how I have 2 Tomcats up on 1 server.

Cheers, Allistair.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Hack [mailto:t.hack@gmx.de]
Sent: 19 April 2006 11:06
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: multiple tomcat on one server??

Hi,

I would like to run different versions of Tomcat on the same server.
Therefore I change ports for communication.

First I change the port 8009 in workers2.properties:
workers2.properties
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
group=lb

Then I change the Connector port from 8080 to something else.

But what about all the other ports in server.xml  and server-minimal.xml?
Which need to be changed in order to run and administer serveral Tomcat versions on the same
machine?

    <Connector port="8080"
               debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
               disableUploadTimeout="true" />

    <Connector port="8443"
               acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

    <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
               protocol="AJP/1.3" />

    <Connector port="8082"
               enableLookups="false"
               proxyPort="80" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

Thanks
regards

Thomas H.

GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474
its interests and its reputation.