tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Character behaviour Unix vs Windows ß
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:34:57 GMT
Technically "ss" is what that symbol (doppel S) stands for, so it might be "intended" behaviour
in your DB or DB driver rather than a bad encoding. You should check your DB/driver manual
perhaps.

Allistair.

-----Original Message-----
From: birendar.waldiya@tcs.com [mailto:birendar.waldiya@tcs.com]
Sent: 05 April 2006 10:59
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Character behaviour Unix vs Windows ß

Hi
Any having idea about why  my latin  character    ß  getting converted to
'SS'  all the time however my other character are going smoothly indatabase except above i
am trying to insert into data base , I am usign oracle 9i and ISO-8859-1 encoding and this
is happening in the unix environment and  not in my pc environment .
Did anyone face any problem with this character  basically there is similar character in greek
to 'β'  ,

Any pointer please

Thanks

Birendar Singh Waldiya

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete
the message and any attachments.  Thank you

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474
its interests and its reputation.