tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rolf Schumacher <mailingl...@august.de>
Subject Re: using ant to start a servelet failed
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:12:33 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Rolf Schumacher wrote:
>
>>  <target name="start" depends="update">
>>      <taskdef name="start" classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.StartTask"/>
>>      <start path="/de.august.docvet1" username="admin"
>> password=".mypwd." url="http://localhost/manager"/>
>>  </target>
>>

> You should be starting a web application, not an individual servlet.

Thanks for your answer, Mark. It was more simple than that:
I just typed the password wrong (took me a long time to find that bit).

I was misled  by  the  %2F in the log file.
By setting up a test that directly calls ANTs task:

It worked this way:

            StartTask start = new StartTask();
            start.setUsername( "admin" );
            start.setPassword( "+mypwd+" );
            start.setUrl( "http://localhost/manager" );
            start.execute( "/start?path=%2F" + this.webapp );

and with

            start.execute( "/start?path=/" + this.webapp );

Rolf