tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <>
Subject Re: How i can exclude a url pattern for a filter ?
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 04:00:41 GMT
Take a peak at the code for some of the filters in Java Web Parts:

All of our filters implement a mechanism by which you can include or
exclude paths, and you can also define multiple paths (a simple
comma-separated list).  The matching and configuration is externalized
in a FilterHelpers class that you are of course welcome to use for your
own filters.

Of course, this will only help if you are talking about your own filters
that you can modify.

Legolas Woodland wrote:
> Hi
> Thank you for reading my post
> I have defined a filter in my web.xml and for some of my pages it should
> be applied but not for all of them.
> for example i should exclude a subdirectory like : webroot/s/ from this
> filter
> but filter should be applied for  other subdirectory and files .
> can some one tell me how i should configure it ?
> My current filter mapping :
>    <filter>
>        <filter-name>Checker</filter-name>
>        <filter-class>