tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ludovic larche <llar...@jouve.fr>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.28 windows service path configuration
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:35:46 GMT
Hello,

I need your help to solve a problem, i would like to migrate my app from
Tomcat 4.1.31 to 5.0.28 and use it as Windows Service.
I would like to pass a directory Path during Tomcat 5.0.28 windows
service installation.

I can do it easily with Tomcat 4.1.31 when i use this command in a batch
file :

*tomcat.exe -install "Skyview Server" ... -path
"c:\firstdirectory;c:\seconddirectory"*

But I can't do it with Tomcat 5.0.28 when i use this command :

*service.bat  install Skyview ... --path
"c:\firstdirectory;c:\seconddirectory"*

I tried lots of workarounds to pass a path to Tomcat 5.0.28 during
windows service installation, is there a way to configure Tomcat in this
mode ?
I would like to avoid update windows environment path in environment
variable and i would prefer to use a Tomcat service for it.

Thanks very much for your help
--
JOUVE <http://www.jouve.fr/>

Ludovic Larché
Software Engineer
Development Software Team

llarche@jouve.fr
12, rue des Landelles - Immeuble Hercule 2 - 35510 Cesson Sévigné - France
Tel. : + 33 (0) 2 99 86 98 07 - Fax : + 33 (0) 2 99 86 98 01

          The present email and all information included therein do not
          constitute a legal agreement accorded by JOUVE. All legal
          agreements must be formulated in writing on paper by a legal
          representative of JOUVE. If you have received this email by
          mistake, please inform us of that fact and destroy the email
          and any documents it might contain Thank you for your
          cooperation.