tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Schoenwald <>
Subject Re: Howto activate JSSESupport in Apache-mod_jk-Tomcat 5.5.x
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:52:00 GMT
Hi Mark,

sorry, you misunderstood me. Of cause we already SSL for Apache,
configured mod_jk to deliver certain SSL-Information etc. etc. etc.
What Tomcat/Catalina doesn't support by default is getting a SSLSession
based on the SSL-SessionID of a running SSL-Connection. So far I have
found no information or documentation about how to activate SSL-based
SessionManagement in Catalina, although it is part of the Servlet-API
and I have found certain source-code in the catalina-connector-sourcetree
that seem to work toward SSL-based SessionManagement.

Hmm, I think I will try to contact the author of that sources to find out
more about it.

Oliver Schönwald

Mark Thomas schrieb:

>Oliver Schoenwald wrote:
>If your are using mod_jk, you need to configure SSL on Apache.
>If you are using Tomcat on its own, read
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: