tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Schoenwald <oliver.schoenw...@FernUni-Hagen.de>
Subject Howto activate JSSESupport in Apache-mod_jk-Tomcat 5.5.x
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:52:54 GMT
Hello,

I want to use SSLSessions in Tomcat 5.5.x and wonder how I can activate
the JSSE-Support
and SSLSession-Handling for Tomcat? In the source-code I see some
classes in the
connectors-directory that seem to prepare the catalina-engine for the
use of SSLSessions
with and without X509Certificate-Support.

In fact, I want to be able to use something like request.getSSLSession()
instead of
request.getSession() and that SSLSession should work the same way as the
StandardSession
that catalina uses per default.

But how do I activate and use this feature in an actual installation? I
think it must be
done in server.xml. Is there some documentation about that? Did someone
do it himself
and successfully?

Thank you in advance,

Oliver Schönwald