tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Schoenwald <>
Subject Howto activate JSSESupport in Apache-mod_jk-Tomcat 5.5.x
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:52:54 GMT

I want to use SSLSessions in Tomcat 5.5.x and wonder how I can activate
the JSSE-Support
and SSLSession-Handling for Tomcat? In the source-code I see some
classes in the
connectors-directory that seem to prepare the catalina-engine for the
use of SSLSessions
with and without X509Certificate-Support.

In fact, I want to be able to use something like request.getSSLSession()
instead of
request.getSession() and that SSLSession should work the same way as the
that catalina uses per default.

But how do I activate and use this feature in an actual installation? I
think it must be
done in server.xml. Is there some documentation about that? Did someone
do it himself
and successfully?

Thank you in advance,

Oliver Schönwald